Catalyst is AdvancED Accredited
Catalyst High School just completed its Review on May 13, 2014, through AdvancEd and was re-accredited for another five years. Click here to see the exit report from the accreditation team. A formal report will be available in 30 days and will be posted here.
Benefits of Accreditation
A diploma earned from an accredited high school like Catalyst provides instant recognition of a quality education. Colleges know that to become accredited, schools must continuously meet high standards. When applying to colleges or universities, a transcript from an accredited high-school like Catalyst means that your school is valued on a par with other highly respected institutions of learning.
Accreditation means that students have:
Accreditation & Our School Community
The Catalyst school community is engaged in implementing continuous improvement and quality assurance through internal and external reviews. Our accreditation demonstrates our quest for making excellence a habit; it’s about being the best a school can be on behalf of our students.
During the review, the External Review Team met with school administration, teachers, alumni staff, students, parents, and community members. The team examined the school’s systems and processes in relation to the five AdvancED standards.
1. Purpose and Direction
2. Governance and Leadership
3. Teaching and Assessing for Learning
4. Resource and Support Systems
5. Using Results for Continuous Improvement
In addition to Accreditation, Catalyst was recognized for the following Powerful Practices:
• The commitment from the school’s leadership and staff to a culture based on commonly shared beliefs
• The school board has established clear policies and empowered the administrative team to manage the daily operation of the school
• The school has highly individualized learning programs to ensure that all students are challenged and prepared for success beyond Catalyst
• Students are well known and supported by the adult staff of the school
|FROM our HEAD OF SCHOOL The professional growth we experienced in preparation for earning our accreditation was astounding. We worked real hard to prepare for the Quality Assurance Review, and it paid off. We’re very proud to have earned the AdvancEd accreditation.|